Thursday, July 6, 2017

Finishing School With Zero Debt

Most students choose to go the normal traditional route and complete their undergraduate degree in four years, sometimes faster.

I, however, have taken my education at a less traditional and rather slower pace. I graduated from Highschool back in 2012. From there I completed the first half of my education at a community college. I then transferred to Liberty University (Online.) I'm currently entering my final year now.
There are a couple of reasons behind the decisions that I've made.

1. I chose online study partly because I'm a small business owner, and really do not have the time to go study on campus.

2. To this date, I've managed to rack up a grand total student debt of $0.

By working often 50-60 hour weeks, I've managed to pay for my student education without any help from loans or family contributions.

These decisions, though not necessarily the perfect or right decisions for others, have provided me with an excellent jumpstart towards my pursuit of Financial Independence.

I'm happy with the choices that I've made. But at the same time, I realize that I'm not perfect and that others have probably had different experiences with their education.

I'd love to hear more about your stories!

- 2nd Gen FI


No comments:

Post a Comment